The practice has easy access for disabled/wheelchair users. There is a wheelchair placed under the stairs for those who require its use. If you have difficulty in opening the front door please ring the bell which is to the right of the door.
One of our nurses does see patients upstairs; if you have difficulties in climbing stairs and you would prefer to be seen downstairs please let reception know.
Baby changing facilities are available in Mercheford House disabled toilets. Nappy sacks are available from reception.
Self Check-in Screen for Nurse Appointments
Please use our touch screen to self-check-in. If you have an appointment with one of our nurses there is no need to queue at reception to be marked in! Use our touch screen self-check-in situated in the waiting room just as you come in through the door on the wall on the right hand side.
Please do not hesitate to ask one of our receptionists who will be glad to help you.
Changes of Address
Please inform us in writing, or collect a form from reception, if you change your name, address or telephone number. If you move to beyond our practice area you will be required to register with a local practice near your new address.
We have a suggestions box in the waiting area (under the Broad Street Picture).
We welcome all constructive comments whether positive or negative. Your comments will help us maintain our high standards of service.
Download a form here: Mercheford House Suggestions form
The surgery endeavours to provide suitable accessible environment for all patients to receive treatment and care. We courteously request that patients:-
- Keep the waiting areas clean, use bins provided for rubbish
- DO NOT let children play or stand on the seats
- DO NOT let children place food or drinks on the seating
- Supervise children when using the stairs and DO NOT let children play on the stairs
- Use the sanitising gels providing appropriately and supervise children in doing so
- DO NOT REMOVE santising gels, toilet rolls, etc these products are provided for all patients.
- Please use the toilet facilities appropriately and ensure they are left in a suitable condition for others - this includes flushing the toilet and the binning of hand towels
- Prams and Buggies should where possible be left outside in the Porch. Space in the waiting area is limited and priority will be given to those patients who require wheelchairs or walking aids.